Governance is the process by which any organisation or group organises in order to be able to make decisions. In schools, this includes the governing body, who are responsible for scrutiny of decisions made in school and for driving improvement, and the processes and policies which allows the school to work effectively and appropriately.
As a member school within a multi-academy trust, responsibility for the governance of Ashwood Spencer Academy ultimately derives to the Board of Trustees appointed to the Spencer Academies Trust. In common with all Spencer schools, Ashwood Spencer Academy has a Local Governing Body (LGB), which is technically defined as a committee of the Trust Board.
The powers defining the legal relationship between Ashwood Spencer Academy and The Spencer Academies Trust, together with the delegation of general powers within the trust, are set out in a document called the Scheme of Delegation.
Local Governing Body
- Kate Godfrey – Chair of Governors
- Suzanne Greatorex – Parent Governor
- Andrew Gilmour – Community Governor
- David Sadler – Community Governor
- Ian Wood – Trust Governor
- Morgan Baines – Staff Governor
- Sharon Mayer – Staff Governor
- Paula Baines-Chambers – Principal